Twister - Re:generation Tour

Back to soittajat O

DJ Paul Edge is the founder and resident DJ of the UKs legendary The Outer Limits, a clubnight that helped shape techno and techhouse within the UK and Europe, featuring djs alongside Paul such as Laurent Garnier, Luke Slater, Andrew Weatherall, Colin Dale, Frankie Bones, Christian Smith, The Advent, plus many more over its 11 year run.

Paul Edge aka Twister has spent the last year on the road touring the USA and Canada, playing in cities such as NYC, Washington DC, Orlando, FT Lauderdale, Miami, Chicago, Detroit, Minneapolis, Seattle, Portland, LA, Phoenix, Salt Lake, Toronto, Montreal, Halifax, Buffalo, Syracuse, Ronoake to name but a few.

Paul Edge has been developing his new club concept Remote Control and his bass driven fusion of techno/electro has made him a much sought after DJ in the USA and Canada. He has headlined alongside such US heavyweights as Keoki, Rabbit in the Moon, Bad Boy Bill, Frankie Bones, Hardware, Paul Oakenfold, Skylab 2000, Detroit Grand Pubahs, Paul Johnson and at clubs such as Buzz, Sleaze, Too Far Gone, Phato, Monumental, Freedom, The Knitting Factory, DEMF, Nintendo Cube Club Tour, NASA & Massive.
To hear Paul Edge live: http://www.djpauledge.com/phxmix2.MP3.

As a producer he has been reviewed in DJ, Mixmag, Muzik, Raveline, Groove, URB, XLR8R, Jockeyslut, Generator and his music has been played on Radio 1, Kiss FM plus numerous radio stations throughout the world and his production has been played by most of the top DJ's in the world.
Re:generation is Twister's first release in a year and has already achieved cult status in the USA, receiving support from DJ's as diverse and the Horrorist and Keoki. The pro-peace anthem is currently being cained on dancefloors around the USA.

Paul Edge's website (http://www.djpauledge.com) has received over 1,400,000 requests from 70 countries in the last six months, an average mix being downloaded in excess of 50,000 times. His latest live mix, Live In Phoenix, has been downloaded in excess of 4,000 times from 59 countries in four days.

Website links:

http://www.djpauledge.com
http://www.rad23.com
http://www.tol23.com
http://www.onelovemanagement.com
http://www.rc23.com

The European tour is scheduled to run from July 23 to September 02 2003.

Full tour support will be available, including a massive online promotional campaign unlike anything ever witnessed before. Photos, biogs and promotional material will also be supplied.

If you would be interested in booking Paul Edge aka Twister for his first European appearances for 2 years, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards...

Dante
One Love Artist Management / Talent On Line
Phoenix, AZ
office: 480-941-4149
AIM: rad23enq
YM: rad23enq
http://www.onelovemanagement.com
http://www.djpauledge.com
http://www.rc23.com
http://www.djkeoki.com
http://www.tol23.com
http://www.rad23.com

CLUBS & EVENTS
general discussion about clubs & events. no advertisements.

Therefore moving it...

Mind you, Paul Oakenfold isn't a US heavyweight.

I'm speechelss. You actually think your attempts at making
music are worth all the trouble of marketing and - amazing
enough - touring. :eek:

The mere thought of you touring the USA makes me concider
moving there this instant and starting my own crappy
trance project.

And - oh yes - I listenened to your mix, the phxmix2.
I hope that Hytky won't book you to continue their saga
of the worst djs of the world.

I sense that we are witnessing the birth of a thread that could gain +30000 views. This promoting business is so fascinating! :004:

Quote by Jokke

I sense that we are witnessing the birth of a thread that could gain +30000 views. This promoting business is so fascinating! :004:

Indeed - it's a pity that this is only a part of a global spam campaign
and mr. rad23 won't probably be interested in a more interactive
self promotion like miss jarea :/

So after a few shouts from the crowd this topic will probably die -
unless someone makes the mistake of actually booking this
poor excuse of a musician and a dj. :rolleyes:

Quote by Tres

I'm speechelss. You actually think your attempts at making
music are worth all the trouble of marketing and - amazing
enough - touring. :eek:

The mere thought of you touring the USA makes me concider
moving there this instant and starting my own crappy
trance project.

And - oh yes - I listenened to your mix, the phxmix2.
I hope that Hytky won't book you to continue their saga
of the worst djs of the world.

strange how you call this mix trance showing a basic lack of understanding for musical genres, so why you feel you have a right to comment on what is good when you don`t understand the difference between trance and techno i do not know.

have you actually listened to it?? i think not, though quite a lot of people on your board have, judging by our download figures..so, here is the tracklisting:

Tracklist:
track 01: DJ Rush : Ur Ego (And U Did It) - Projex
track 02: Federation of Drums: Just Close Your eyes: Gecko
track 03: unknown - unknown - white
track 04: Luke Slater - Stars and Heroes - Mute
track 05: Luke Slater - Body Freefall Electronic Inform #2 - Mute
track 06: Woody McBride - Basketball Heroes ep - Communique
track 07: The Hacker - Cabaret Futura - Feis
track 08: Andreas Kaufelt - Real Deep Shit - Confused
track 09: John Starlight - Blood Angels - Superstar
track 10: Thomas Schumacher - When I rock - Bush
track 11: Rob Acid - The Hunter - Shortcut
track 12: Twister - Non Violent Resistance - RAD23

I have also taken the time to look at your homepage. very scary, wow you are such a rebel..i bet everyione in your home town goes "wow, what a rebel, we must respect him because he puts make up on badly and has a really badly designed home page".

you go and listen to you marilyn manson cds and jack off to the sound of your own ego, you muppet.....

p.s oakenfold is the biggest dj in america, again showing your knowledge of dancemusic is about as informed as your knowledge about make up....

we didn`t ask you to like the mix, don`t belittle to 20,000 or so people who have downloaded this mix in the last week from 70 countries or the dj who recorded it..

Wow, I actually provocated a response. :D

Quote by RAD23

strange how you call this mix trance showing a basic lack of understanding for musical genres, so why you feel you have a right to comment on what is good when you don`t understand the difference between trance and techno i do not know.

I wasn't calling your mix trance. I was making the mistake
of comparing my future career as a hot trance producer to your
current 'success'.

And I find it strange that you go through all this trouble
of marketing yourself as a hotshot producer when your
total lack of vision and skill is so obvious.

Quote by RAD23

have you actually listened to it?? i think not, though quite a lot of people on your board have, judging by our download figures..so, here is the tracklisting:

As I stated in my previous post I actually did. No wonder
people download it with all the spam you are spreading ;)

I found it somewhat dull, with poor technique and lack of proper
structure.

Quote by RAD23

I have also taken the time to look at your homepage. very scary, wow you are such a rebel..i bet everyione in your home town goes "wow, what a rebel, we must respect him because he puts make up on badly and has a really badly designed home page".

Nice one :D

And no, I'm not even starting a conversation about my website
here, since any Finnish speaking person can notice the self-ironic
and sarcastic flavor on my website - explaining it to you just
wouldn't be worthwhile.

And I wouldn't say a thing about bad design when your site
breaks every usability rule there is, Mr. Dandy Flash. :004:

Quote by RAD23

you go and listen to you marilyn manson cds and jack off to the sound of your own ego, you muppet.....

Puppeteered by who :eek: That would explain the hand
stuck up my ass, though.

And no, I don't listen to Marilyn Manson. The origins of
my makeup are in the black metal scene. ;)

Quote by RAD23

p.s oakenfold is the biggest dj in america, again showing your knowledge of dancemusic is about as informed as your knowledge about make up....

Now you are mixing my comments with Jokke's.

Quote by RAD23

we didn`t ask you to like the mix, don`t belittle to 20,000 or so people who have downloaded this mix in the last week from 70 countries or the dj who recorded it..

As I said: well done with the marketing. I was one the people
downloading it ;)

Quote by RAD23

It was me who made that remark, not Tres. Even if Oakenfold is the biggest DJ in America, he's still a Briton and therefore I'd rather consider him to be a UK heavyweight.

You know, my friend, I am thankful that there are people like you involved in the music scene.

After all, without you and others of your ilk, who would there be to spread all the necessary negativity and hatred?

People with original concepts and ideas would be allowed to flourish and succeed, and maybe, God forbid, make a positive contribution to the scene and the world at large!!

We couldn't have that now could we?

What sort of world would we live in if jealous haters in horror shop masks, who don't have the balls to leave their home towns, and hide behind snidey jealous comments, didn't leap on us the minute we had an original thought or idea...?

you seem to be under the impression we like oakenfold...far from it, he is a sell out, we have no respect for the vacuous paint-by-numbers music he plays, and for your info, when paul played after him he played one of the hardest techno/electro sets to a "trance" crowd just to prove a point, that good music will beat hype any day of the week, the dancefloor rocked. Point made...

as for promoting, that is what we do, we also ran the outer limits for 11 years weekly, when noone else in the uk was promoting techno, proper techno, not nuenergy or anything like that.

you are entitled to your opinion, i don`t have a problem with that, if you don`t like the mix or the tracks then fine, i am sure i don`t like a lot of stuff you like either. the difference is i don`t resort to ignorance and insults to make my point, i accept that some people have different tastes to myself and get on with it.

Quote by RAD23

you seem to be under the impression we like oakenfold...far from it, he is a sell out, we have no respect for the vacuous paint-by-numbers music he plays

Actually it was you who said that he's the biggest DJ in America and I take your word for it.

You wrote "without you and others of your ilk, who would there be to spread all the necessary negativity and hatred?" and then few minutes later you tell us that "Oakenfold is a sell out and he plays paint-by-numbers music". No double standards, please.

And if you really think that Oakenfold's crap, why did you bother to mention him in your spin in the first place?

Quote by RAD23

as for promoting, that is what we do, we also ran the outer limits for 11 years weekly, when noone else in the uk was promoting techno, proper techno, not nuenergy or anything like that.

So how about ministry of sound's fridays in the past, before it went utterly commercial? (early- to mid nineties) they brought in detroit legends (carl craig, derrick may etc), among other techno names, year after year for some time. I should really dig up my old dj mags and read the party listings to prove how wrong you are saying that you were the only people promoting proper techno in the uk, but i have other, better things to do.

First of all, am I or am I not having this conversation
with Paul Edge?

If not, why do you refer to the mix and the
twister tracks as they were made by you?

If you are, why are you referring to Paul Edge
in the third person?

And were you him or not, why do you refer to yourself as 'we'? Or
are there more of you people there? See below:

Quote by RAD23

you seem to be under the impression we like oakenfold...far from it, he is a sell out, we have no respect for the vacuous paint-by-numbers music he plays, and for your info, when paul played after him he played one of the hardest techno/electro sets to a "trance" crowd just to prove a point, that good music will beat hype any day of the week, the dancefloor rocked. Point made...

you are entitled to your opinion, i don`t have a problem with that, if you don`t like the mix or the tracks then fine, i am sure i don`t like a lot of stuff you like either. the difference is i don`t resort to ignorance and insults to make my point, i accept that some people have different tastes to myself and get on with it.

You don't resort to insult? What would you call this, then:

Quote by RAD23

What sort of world would we live in if jealous haters in horror shop masks, who don't have the balls to leave their home towns, and hide behind snidey jealous comments, didn't leap on us the minute we had an original thought or idea...?

:rolleyes:

btw, I'm still waiting for you to point out your original thought or
idea.

Moving on for now:

Quote by RAD23

After all, without you and others of your ilk, who would there be to spread all the necessary negativity and hatred? People with original concepts and ideas would be allowed to flourish and succeed, and maybe, God forbid, make a positive contribution to the scene and the world at large!!

On the contrary of what you might think I am not a hateful
or negative person. I do understand the effect that my website
has had on you, but that's still beside the point.

I do admit that my previous postings were a bit out of the line
and that they weren't very informative - my apologies for
that. I should have made my point more clear:

I give my full support to originality and creativity, and at the
same time try to bring pompous people making claims of
their own achievements off their self-created pedestals.
Advertising something as mediocre and un-original as your tracks
as being 'creative' or 'original' is an insult to the history
of music and to me as a non-agression supporting person
(political aggravation of people on the dance floor is one of the
lowest things a DJ can do). Furthermore, the track is a mock
copy of a bunch of Thomas P. Heckmann classics, with poor
mixing and stupendously low overall sound quality. The choice
of sounds is straight from some softsynth preset set and the
'lead melody' sounds like it was generated by random.

I'm not against you as a person (compare this to your attitude)
but I refuse to swallow such a fat bunch of lies about you
being the source of vision and creativity in the techno
scene.

Quote by RAD23

People with original concepts and ideas would be allowed to flourish and succeed, and maybe, God forbid, make a positive contribution to the scene and the world at large!!

Well. this is a free world, you are allowed, even
encouraged to step forward with your productions and let them
be heard by the users of platinum+, and furthermore,
you are kindly encouraged to try and have an adult attitude
towards criticism. Yes, we all know it hurts, and yes, we all know it
might not be what you were expecting, but recognizing the
points in your tunes that need more practice is the key to
success and better work. Maybe, in ten years, you will be
intermediate. Perhaps never. Live with it, and stop being so
fucking gay about it.

PLUR.

Now this is what I call entertainment:) WE WANT MORE:D