Miss Jarea: Scandinavia`s leading female Dj of UK HardStyles

Back to soittajat O

Just outta curiosity...
Which methods do you use to ensure that no other Norwegian girl ever plays UK hardhouse?

I can't LOL but I'm the famous one they are a bit late anyway AND the scene in NOrway prefers progressive house. If a girl strats playing, she'll have no gigs with my musicstyle, so they play carappy music to get the gigs, I play what I love and do not care

Originally posted by MissJarea:
AND the scene in NOrway prefers progressive house.

Maybe that's just a good thing

Originally posted by MissJarea:
If a girl strats playing, she'll have no gigs with my musicstyle, so they play carappy music to get the gigs

Please explain a bit more.

due to some strong reactions in norway after posting this post, witch got recently known to the norwegian clubscene, I'm forced to delete all that was written here, as it is not true and was only based on rumors.I don't want any more trouble.

Originally posted by master bator:
Maybe that's just a good thing

I agree whis Mr. Masturbaattori,
Progressive House Kicks ASS!!
I wish we had the same prog/scene here in Finland like u have.

No pun intented, but why make such a big number out of the DJ's sex? I've heard both male and female DJs playing and their records sound pretty much the same to me.

Please 'missunderstand' me right..... thank you...

Sure both sex' play as good, I never said one was better than the other, but sometimes the guys (atleast back home)think girls get gigs due to their looks, not their music, wich is very sad, as some of the norwegian girls that for instance play R&B and Jungle are really good, I mean excellent

[ 19 July 2002: Message edited by: MissJarea ]

miks mä lintsasin kaikki enkut tunnit koulussa...?

I don't like what you are speaking about female djs! Excusme but i dindn't never sleep with anyone promoters and i love the musik also what i'm playing. You are not only good dj in the world. I know very much intelligent female djs and they are very good and nobody didn't sleep with anyone of the promoters. Why everybody always talking about the fucking sex!!!!!! I had also heard that you are half polish. Nice to meet you, because i'm also half polish and half finnish.
:D

Quote by andy braun

miks mä lintsasin kaikki enkut tunnit koulussa...?

In english please :017:

Quote by Elwira

I don't like what you are speaking about female djs! Excusme but i dindn't never sleep with anyone promoters and i love the musik also what i'm playing. You are not only good dj in the world. I know very much intelligent female djs and they are very good and nobody didn't sleep with anyone of the promoters. Why everybody always talking about the fucking sex!!!!!! I had also heard that you are half polish. Nice to meet you, because i'm also half polish and half finnish.
:D

Fisrt of all you have TOTALLY missunderstood what I wrote darling :( I'm saying that I have no respect for the girls that by sleeping with a male dj and in that way become dj's themselves.
That is what I ment by sleeping their way to the top.

I never said all female dj's do so, I only said I have no respect for the ones that do.

I have also NEVER said that I was a good dj or the best or anything of that kind on the board, so please mind your mouth a little will ya? :mad:

The reson that the sex always comes up, is unfurtenatly that 'most' female dj's have become dj's due to sleeping with or having a dj as a boyfriend... so the female dj's have put this 'bad' reputation on them self, sorry....

As for the last thing in your post my friend, I'm 100% polish, but I live in Norway, soon moving to Finland for a period.

Are you now satisfied? next time I recoment you read the post a few times, so that you fully understand what I say, ok? ;)

I just wan't to say that everybody don't do like that. But some girls does and it's not good at all. When do you moving in finland?
:)

i find it a bit conflicting when you say your competitor got her gigs using sex and you didn't when one has seen your pictures on your site. You are a pretty sexy thing too wearing all that latex and there was even a flyer promoting you as the sexiest dj in Norway? Are you saying that you do not use your own sexuality as a tool to promote yourself? (plus that she (i.e. your competitor) can not defend her self here...)

And I wonder a lot that you see your fellow dj's as competitors. If you are deejaying for the fame and reputation you have chosen the wrong business. Commerciality does not gain you anything and it does not promote (insert your favourite musical genre here).

Dj plays the music for the love of music and nothing else. This shouldn't be just a another job or an area of business... One shouldn't give a damn about one's reputation or the amount of gigs.

just my two cents.

Hehe :)

You have a point or two... ;) The main thing is that she did sleep her way up, I know that

Over the time she has become a good dj I have heard, she's playing in my town on my x's party on 31st, I hope to listen to her set and hope that she's good, as her demo is one of my favorite progressive demos :)

But still, I don't like the way she went to the top, that you must understand, right?

When it comes to taking advantage og my looks and dressing, well that's not entirely as you say it is... First of all I like to dress taht way on gigs and partys, I did so long before I became a dj, and even longer before I begun clubbing... I've always felt good in a cute top, high boots ans a short skirt... I never dress for anyone else than me, I dress up fro me. I don't give a shit wether someone likes or hates the way I dress, as the way I dress is the way I like and that makes me feel good about myself ;)

When it comes that flyer you mention, I've had SOOOOOOOOO much trouble 'cause of that...the reson is that the clubowner made the flyer 'without' asking me if it was OK, he first printet it, then emailed it to me.... I was mocked for that one atleast half a year by the other dj's in Oslo... I don't blame them...

The thing is, that it's ok for me to dress as I do, and use that to promote myself, as the clothing and the music (witch I play only cause it make s me feel good, to stand on a scene having clubers yelling I'm nuts and wanting more, ther is no better feelign in the world!), it is right for me to do so....this is who I am.

Some may like it, others not. I do not sell a package that is a fiction, you should know that, and if you're not rure, then I think we should go out together, like really out together, and I promice you will be convinced ;)

Quote by MissJarea

Hehe :)

You have a point or two... ;) The main thing is that she did sleep her way up, I know that , as she slept with my friend, hoping he would make her a dj, then she made a dj in my town dump his girl for her, after what he taught her how to play, then she ended up with the guy she is with now, becoming a start over the night dj'ing 30min as the first runner up on all his HUGE patys in Oslo... so maybe now you understand why I don't have any respect for her... Over the time she has become a good dj I have heard, she's playing in my town on my x's party on 31st, and she's no longer a competitor either, as she's into progressive trance. So I will be ther to listen to her set and hope that she's good, as her demo is one of my favorite progressive demos :)

But still, I don't like the way she went to the top, that you must understand, right?

yup, I got that

Quote by MissJarea

When it comes to taking advantage og my looks and dressing, well that's not entirely as you say it is... First of all I like to dress taht way on gigs and partys, I did so long before I became a dj, and even longer before I begun clubbing... I've always felt good in a cute top, high boots ans a short skirt... I never dress for anyone else than me, I dress up fro me. I don't give a shit wether someone likes or hates the way I dress, as the way I dress is the way I like and that makes me feel good about myself ;)

accepted ;) but you stilll did'nt deny that you use your looks to rpomote your career...

Quote by MissJarea

When it comes that flyer you mention, I've had SOOOOOOOOO much trouble 'cause of that...the reson is that the clubowner made the flyer 'without' asking me if it was OK, he first printet it, then emailed it to me.... I was mocked for that one atleast half a year by the other dj's in Oslo... I don't blame them...

ouch, that must have been a pain in the arse...

Quote by MissJarea

The thing is, that it's ok for me to dress as I do, and use that to promote myself, as the clothing and the music (witch I play only cause it make s me feel good, to stand on a scene having clubers yelling I'm nuts and wanting more, ther is no better feelign in the world!), it is right for me to do so....this is who I am.

Some may like it, others not. I do not sell a package that is a fiction, you should know that, and if you're not rure, then I think we should go out together, like really out together, and I promice you will be convinced ;)

my post wasn't criticism towards your way of dressing, I just pointed out that "using sex to promote oneself" has a bit larger scope than just the actual physical intercourse. Some men are known to do anything when a beatiful woman asks them ;)

as long as you love the music you play I don't give a damn how you look. the looks are the least important thing in a dj.

and when it comes to you and me going out, really out, I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm almost married (and you are propably taller than me so it wouldn't suite me anyway ;)

and when it comes to you and me going out, really out, I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm almost married (and you are propably taller than me so it wouldn't suite me anyway

LoL :D

What's wrong with girls becoming djs for the sake of their boyfriends being djs also ?? ... I don't give two shits about the way people become djs. Skills count, nevermind the bollocks.

I can't understand what the problem is. Is it the fact that some girls get laid more ? or is it the fact that some girls get more gigs because they're shaggin promoters ? or is it the fact that some girls become dj's because they are shaggin male-djs ?

Life is tuff. It's not all about the music when it comes to handling people. I can understand that you don't respect the girl who got the gigs for screwin a dj and blahblahblah, but would you give her credit if she really was good, even tho she had gotten the gigs for shaggin ? That's what I thought... you wouldn't.

Anyway, good luck to you in whatever it is that you're doing.

Peace.

Quote by D157R1C7-4770RN3Y

Skills count, nevermind the bollocks.

Life is tuff. It's not all about the music when it comes to handling people. I can understand that you don't respect the girl who got the gigs for screwin a dj and blahblahblah, but would you give her credit if she really was good, even tho she had gotten the gigs for shaggin ? That's what I thought... you wouldn't.

BEEP!

actually it is all about the music.

In the end even the skills are secondary to the music or are you saying that a skilled dj can play good music with shitty tunes (not counting true scratchaholics, because there are only so few of them)?

But think.. would you go to a party where every dj is a friend of the promoter? They might be good dj's or they might not. I'd rather go into a party that has carefully selected dj's... Then it is more propable that I will enjoy..

blaablaa, now this is going so far off the tracks that I'm stopping right here...

Miss Jarea:
Scandinavia's leading female Dj of UK HardStyles // Short Bio 2006

(changed and updatet 27.07.06)

Miss Jarea started her career way back in 1997 as a Drum'n Bass DJ, but it wasn't until the year 2000 that she discovered the UK underground scene and got totally addicted to that sound. Finding her true passion, she shortly after started her first performances all across Norway, building her name from the small local clubs to huge renowned events like Sundance, Milk Club, Resurrection and even Hyperstate / Biblos. With weekly broadcastings on international web radio's such as PureDJ.com and ID&T Radio, international gigs and releases, Miss Jarea is Scandinavia's Nr.1 DJ.

Playing a smooth blend of UK HardHouse, HardTrance, Dutch HardStyle, NRG and HardTechno, Jarea has many faces.

On the production side, Miss Jarea has been releasing projects since 2001, and currently several big international labels such as Riot, Nukleuz, Passion, Scum records and Vicious Circle have shown interest in her work. In January 2005, Jarea made a record deal with Carnal Records, and is currently releasing major floor fillers on this label.

Under pressure of the increasing international demand for her performance, Miss Jarea moved to Amsterdam in 2003, where she hooked up with among others the Dutch HardTrance promoter Q-Dance witch resulted in a performance at QlubTempo.

During that year she managed to arranged a brand new residency in LA and various other bookings in Scandinavia, Holland, Switzerland, Poland, Germany, Luxembourg, Egypt, USA, Canada and UK to mention a few. Currently, Jarea is working on her upcoming productions and planning her 2007 world tour.

Her first EP `Missing You' / `No Control' got signed to Carnal Records (Purple Eye Entertainment) early in 2005 and has been hitting Dance Charts all across the globe for several months since its release in January 2005. Her 2nd EP `Move Ya Head' / `Evil Seeds' released October 17th same year, also received massive feedback and airplay worldwide!!!
The Ep was listed as one of the 20 most sold HardTrance EP's last winter and received great reviews by several big international dj's like Marco V and Tom Harding as well as music magazines, including the International Upfront and DJ Magazine which listed it as one of Top 5 must have tracks - rated 5/5 stars. Even the UK based and very influential radio BBC 1's radio show The Residency as well as Judge Jules regularly play Miss Jarea's tracks on their shows.

The current upcoming release `Brain Damage' / `Schizophrenia' and RBA-No Alternative remix has been getting great promo feedback from some of the biggest UK producers and djs in the world, predicting this to be a huge dancefloor filler this summer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Discography

Miss Jarea EP - Brain Damage / Schizophrenia (Grimlock Recordings / Passion Records UK comoing out Fall 2006)
Miss Jarea EP - Over Yo Head / Evil Seeds (Carnal Records - 2005)
Miss Jarea EP - Missing You / No Control (Carnal Records - 2005)
Dan Brinslee & Miss Jarea - Adrenalina (Dan Don't - 2004)
Dan Brinslee & Miss Jarea - It's Getting Closer (Dan Don't - 2003)
Miss Jarea - Soul Commander part II (Dan Don't - 2003)
Miss Jarea - Next Time / Don't Disturb (Dan Don't - 2003)
DJ Dulce vs DJ Miss Jarea - Soul Commander (Shock Records - 2003)
Eskimo feat Miss Jares - Call Me Poison (CNR InDisc Records - 2001)
Eskimo feat Miss Jarea - Tell Me (CNR InDisc Records - 2000)

Latest Compilation

Miss Jarea - Evolution Of Kaos ( ID&T Netherlands - Nov 2005)

O