Awakenings @ ?

Back to muu maailma O

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if people visiting this forum have been to Awakenings rave(?) party? I just met a new friend few months ago who lives currently here in Finland and he is from Holland, but I haven't asked him yet about this happening. Anyway, I found a video from YouTube which stole my attention 100%/totally/absolutely;

Where is this happening, how often, how to travel, hotels/hostels, how much does it cost et cetera. Too many question marks, but it was nice to read some 'been there done that' -reports if possible. Links to other forums are warmly welcomed too.

Also we have been fooling around with an idea to manage a trip to Stockholm. Only problem is that we are not interested in the 'mainstream' places. This is wrong thread to discuss those places, but I'm just too exited about traveling with a few good old friends and having a little 'maaottelu' with the Swedes ;)

Yours,
Anon

Awakenings is very well known techno party. It's held in Amsterdam, check http://www.awakenings.nl/index.php?s=1 for schedule. As you can see its held quite often. Mostly happens at night, but in the summer they have a Awakenings festival as well, that takes the whole day. Tickets around 25-30, the festival is round 40.

If you'll pick a hotel in the centre, its not too far from the Westergasfabriek, the place where its held at most of the times (at night).

O