[DJs] I'm coming over, prepare!

Back to soittajat O

This forum has been opened based on arikoo's suggestion...

If you are a foreign DJ coming to Finland to spin a few tunes, please tell us about yourself. Feel free to promote the event as well, so you'll have a better turnout :)

and how do you thing foreign dj's are gonna' know about this site..? this website should be advertised more in foreign countries and their websites...
tranceaddict.com
ministry of sound.com
just to name a few...
though i dont think big name labels and stuff will want to advertise a club calender from a small country up north...

Well... Maybe this topic should be reserved for those mentioned in topic. But as I said in topic "This area is too quiet" I think that we have here members that have connections to promoters or they might be promoters. So I believe that they can advertise this site to DJs.

I think that we can continue this discussion in that topic that I mentioned before. So this won´t be filled with our writings.

Hi,

Hello there,

I was surfing the internet and found this small section on DJ'ing stuff. I have recently (3 weeks ago) moved to Helsinki for approximately 1 year and have brought some of my vinyl with me.

To fill you in, I am English, and live near London. I have DJ'ed since i was 13 years old. I am now 22. I have only ever used vinyl. I played at my Student Union for 4yrs (about 800 capacity) I started off buying Old Skool/Hardcore/Jungle/Happy Hardcore. My influence rose from the raves I used to go to with the likes of Hype/Micky Finn/Slipmatt/Sy/Elliss Dee etc etc..... Many close friends started up small record labels with DJ Demo & Slipmatt. Vega records. This widened my knowledge on the manufacturing of dance music.

Since then I have moved from Drum n' Bass to House (the original term House) to Trance to Deep, Progressive, to Disco, Beach and Funky House music.

I would appreciate it if anyone could possible give me any advice about nice chilled out nighteries to play in the Helsinki city centre. As I have already mentioned, I only have a few tunes (about 100) with me. I already know a fair amount about the Helsinki scene such as bars called 'Mothers' 'Kerma' 'Soda' and nights such as Gatecrasher, Screen, etc etc. I have visited Helsinki 15 times over the past 3 years due to Friends/relatives here but have never really been here long enough to make it worthwhile bringing choons accross.

Hope ya can help...

Thanks

P r o g r e s s i o n

progression,

bring on some mail so maybe we can work something out..

youaregoingtoblush@hotmail.com

cheers

Nice one! :)

Nigel let us know If this boy is playins some where.. we need some happy hc :DDDDDDD*plur*
(if he has some of that stuff with him)

It would be different..*nauru*

(ou jee, and all the new faces are welcome)*vink*

[muokattu 24.12.2002 09:21]

O